A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Friday, April 22, 2011

RIP Little Meal Worms

While I am totally loving Nigel and so so happy to have him as a part of our family - I do hate the daily feeding of worms.  He so enjoys the bugs and is always so excited to get his treat but I can't help but feel sorry for the little guys.

The pet store folks said I could also feed him crickets - I said that his cage was open.  He said - no problem - just take off the legs.  UMMM - NO!  Cripes!  So - worms it is.

So this post is dedicated to the worms.  Thank you for making the ultimate sacrifice, for making my little hedgie happy and for giving him the protein he so needs in his diet.

No comments: