A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Monday, April 18, 2011

Someday - wish list

I have lots of indoor critters - and like I have said before - if it wasn't for the voice of reason of my husband I would probably be the crazy cat lady with more critters than I would know what to do with.  Eventually, its our hope to buy a piece of property somewhere, build the house we really want and have a host of outdoor critters to take care of.  Here is my wish list for the farm section of our zoo:

First - I would love a couple of teacup pigs.  These guys only get to about 60 pounds fully grown:

Then - to play with the bitty pigs - we need some pygmy goats:

On of our goals is to be "off the grid" using wind and solar to power our place and having our own food to sustain us.  While I am a meat eater - critters who come to live with us are not candidates for food - EVER.  I would, however, love a dairy cow:

And some hens to give us fresh eggs:

Of course we would love a natural pond so we could have some visiting turtles, fish and birds as well.  My outdoor critters will have the life of luxury - a lovely barn with heat and A/C and lots of space as well as outdoor areas for them to romp and play.  I can't wait....ah to dream!

No comments: