A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Clooney Curl Up



There are days when the crazy weasel sleeps too much resulting in late night/very early morning visits while we are sleeping.  These visits tend to be much more pleasant for me than for my husband.  Clooney views me as his mommy - the one who takes care of him, feeds him, loves on him, etc.  I think he views the hubs as another playmate who wrestles with him and gets him all riled up.  Unfortunately this results in the foot game for my husband - foot attacks from the ferret playing under the covers.  For me it results in the Clooney curl up - which I love.  He heads my way and lets me pet him - sometimes playing a bit and sometimes some little ferret kisses on my hands.  Then he curls up with his back pressing up against my palm.  I used to "hold" him like this when we first got him - more for my enjoyment than for his.  Sometimes he will snooze this way for up to an hour - usually I get about 30 minutes and then he is off the bed and into the closet for a more lengthy nap.  Some of my favorite times with him are right before he sleeps or right when he is waking up - he is so affectionate and sweet. As I post this at 7 am on a Saturday its apparent that this morning was one of those foot attack/curl up mornings - UGH.  Wouldn't trade that little guy for anything in the world - even when he does wake me at 6 am on the weekends.....

No comments: