A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Update on Nigel

So - with only a few pink spots remaining I would say that Mr Nigel Hedgehog is well on the way to recovery - THANK GOODNESS.  I have to say that having something wrong with my littlest one is quite nerve racking.  I felt this same sense of uneasiness whenever Clooney had an issue as well.  I think this is related to the fact that having a ferret was uncharted territory for me - as is having a hedgehog.  Now with Clooney I know him well, what to expect, when to worry.

With Nigel I am unsure of what is serious and what is not as big a deal.  Once he is around for longer hopefully these little hiccups along the way will be less stressful.  Its been a couple of sleepless nights for me as I have been very worried about my little one.  When I got him up this morning he was feeling really good - you could just tell he was a happy little guy playing with Phoebe and exploring the bed.  He had a nice nap all afternoon (boy its a good day for it with rain and clouds - I wish I could have fit one in) and now he is hanging out with me snoozing on the bed while I type away.  I am happy to see him doing well....

No comments: