A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Thursday, February 13, 2014

The Things I Love About the Kitties and the Dog

We continue the things I love lists today - here are the things I love about the kitties and the dog:

Emma:
1.  I love those beautiful brown eyes - they save her butt on a daily basis.
2.  I love that she is a beautiful dog.
3.  I love that she is in excellent health.
4.  I love that she has a special thing going with the husband - she is a daddy's girl.
5.  I love that she is so patient with the other animals.
6.  I love that she tries desperately hard to please.
7.  I love that she is smart as a whip and understands most of what I say - not that she listens - but she definitely understands.
8.  I love that she follows me everywhere - I am truly never alone in the house.
9.  I love that she gets along well with other dogs - especially my parents dog Quincy.
10. I love that she is my dog - I am sad when she is not around.

Agatha:
1.  I love that she has started to tell us when she wants attention.
2.  I love that she sleeps on the pillow in between my husband and myself.
3.  I love that she is all eyes - she has beautiful eyes.
4.  I love that she loved Isabel almost as much as I did - she was heartbroken when Isabel passed away.
5.  I love that she is friends with Zoey - that can be challenging some days.
6.  I love that she is the observer of the family - she is always watching the goings on.
7.  I love that she has started purring - loudly - she never used to purr when she was younger.
8.  I love that she is becoming my bath kitty - keeping me company while I soak - at least until the ferrets show up.
9.  I love that she is my never in trouble kitty - she is rarely naughty unless she is being mean to Phoebe.
10. I love that she is healthy - really really healthy - at almost 17 years old that is a true blessing.

Zoey
1.  I love that Zoey is very affectionate with me.
2.  I love that she is "difficult".  It adds to her charm.  :)
3.  I love that she is super uber healthy - that I am sure of - confirmed in January
4.  I love that she is energetic and engaged - it wasn't always that way.
5.  I love her purr - it sounds like a lawnmower.
6.  I love that she purrs all the time - sometimes I come downstairs and she is all by herself purring away.
7.  I love that she loves to play even though she is getting older.
8.  I love that she is friend with all the kitties.
9.  I love that she loves to be held, lay on your lap and snuggle when we sleep.
10.  I love that she is the bather of the household - herself, the humans, inanimate objects - they all must be clean.

Oliver
1.  I love that he is ornery - life would be boring without Ollie thinking up trouble.
2.  I love that he loves the ferrets and plays with them.
3.  I love that he and Phoebe are BFFs.
4.  I love that he is sweet to Emma and tolerates her dog kisses.
5.  I love that he is immensely affectionate.
6.  I love that he is social - there is no one he doesn't like.
7.  I love that when he goes potty he gets so excited that he races around the house like a total freak.
8.  I love that he is clever - he thinks of things that really blow my mind sometimes.
9.  I love that he is my kitty - he does love his mommy and I love him back.
10.  I love that he found me - my stray boy - he is an important part of our critter family.

Phoebe
1.  I love that face, her unusual markings and those beautiful blue eyes.
2.  I love that she is chatty - tattling on critters, talking to her toys.
3.  I love that she is my sweet kitty - she does have such a sweet disposition.
4.  I love that she is stuck to me like glue - where ever I go, she goes.
5.  I love that she is healthy and happy.
6.  I love that she is a bit shy - its a charming attribute.
7.  I love the way she closes her eyes and makes a sweet, happy face that shows how much she loves affection.
8.  I love that sometimes when she sits down she holds up her paw - she pulled a muscle in her shoulder when she was baby and she got in the habit of holding that paw up.  She doesn't have any pain or issues but sometimes she still holds the paw up.
9.  I love that she is a little bit afraid of outside - she is not an escaper and I have a couple of those so I am happy she is not on that list.
10.  I love that the hubs adores her - they are cute together.

No comments: