A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Monday, February 10, 2014

Agatha's Trip to the Vet

Miss Aggie went to the vet this morning.  She literally has not seen the inside of a vet's office in years and years.  I am quite the bad cat mommy in that I waited so long to have her seen.  I put it off because I knew it would be so stressful for her and frankly - she never ever has anything wrong with her.  I can't believe that she will turn 17 years old this year....

I was not at all sure what to expect from her.  I was so hoping it wasn't going to be another Zoey experience - hissing, growling, snarling, drooling, projectile peeing....ugh.  I was quite pleasantly surprised.  She was good about getting in her carrier.  Only one or two little mews while we were driving over there.  Once we got there she was very shy, hiding under the bench in the hopes we would give up and go home.  The techs came in and did her blood draw - she was so perfect - just laid still and let them do what they needed to and didn't complain, she was brave during her fecal sample and was cooperative on the scale.

Then the vet came in and did her physical.  Her eyes and ears looked good, teeth had some tartar but were in pretty good shape for her age.  Her heart and lungs sound healthy.  I was a bit concerned that she would need to go on a diet but actually she only weighs 11 pounds - I was surprised...and while she is a bit overweight for her frame evidently not so much so that she would have resulting health issues from it.

Her blood work was perfect - I got her final results back this afternoon and all is normal.

I didn't get many pictures of her at the vet's office - she was sticking pretty close to me and spent a good portion of time hiding her face in my shirt.  Here are a couple...



I am thrilled that my old girl is doing so well.  Fingers crossed that we find the same kind of results for Miss Phoebe when she goes next week.


No comments: