A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Happy Birthday Clooney

Today my boy turns six years old - I can't believe it.  It seems like yesterday that I was twisting the hubs arm, begging him to let me get a ferret.  In other ways it seems like longer than six years - I can't remember what my days were like before he entered our world.

Clooney is doing well - he seems quite happy and engaged.  He seems quite healthy as well.  I am pleased with his energy levels and his seeking out attention from his humans and his ferret siblings.  His appetite is great and he never passes up a stick or ferretone.  I love that he is more willing to accept the baby ferrets. He is still bullyish with them at times but they have moments of playtime and act like friends....

At six years old Clooney is officially a senior ferret.  This makes me a bit sad knowing that we are entering the last stage of his life - but the good news is he is in great health and going strong so I am optimistic that we have some time and I am going to enjoy every day I have with him.  It's my job to make sure that each day is filled with fun, affection, full bellies, time with his siblings and as comfortable a life as I can give him.

Today we celebrate - the happiness he has brought to our family for 6 years - and the happiness I am pretty sure he feels being a part of this crazy menagerie.  I love that little bug so much!!

Happy Birthday my sweet!!!  Here are some snaps taken on birthday morning....








No comments: