A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Stories of the Day

Winston -

I have been trying to keep him up more during the day in an effort to have him sleep later - so far this is not working.  Falling back has everything outta whack.  He was up at 3:30 this morning.....cripes.

He had a good day today - playing with Emma and Oliver, spending some time outside, getting lots of attention....  he has had his dinner and is upstairs playing in our room.

Emma -

The pup is doing well - hanging out and going with the flow.  She enjoys time with Winston and they played quite a bit today.  All in all she is doing great I think.

Kitties -

Oliver has been fairly well behaved today - not requiring 100% attention.  He and the pig played and now he is wrestling with the ferrets and with Phoebe.

Phoebe spends much of her days upstairs with the ferrets - she seems to love hanging out up there with them. As I type this she is wonking Madison on the head...crazy cat.

Zoey spent some time in my lap today - she goes through spurts of wanting tons of attention and then being pissed if you dare to touch her....

Aggie - my sweet girl - never demanding, never in trouble, she hung out with me all day....

Ferrets -

Finn is home with us now - I picked up his remains today.  It was more difficult than I thought it would be.  I am happy he is here with us and I hoping that soon I can shake this overwhelming sadness....

Theo - my wild boy is attacking my feet while I write.  He is happy and joyful and full of piss and vinegar. He and Violet helped me make the bed today - that is always good for a few laughs.

Madison had a zillion kisses for me today and is busy antagonizing Oliver.  She is so joyful and sweet.

Violet is playing with Theo - they are running through their tunnels and having a grand time.  She is such a vocal ferret making all sorts of happy noises - it makes me smile.

In general - I can tell that the weather is changing.  Violet is putting on her winter coat - she doesn't look nearly so tiny.  The kitties are leaving me all sorts of lovely hairball surprises as they transition to thicker coats - oh joy!  Emma's summer shave has grown back and now she is leaving me hair tufts as well....

All in all - a good critter day today...

No comments: