A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Saturday, November 22, 2014

General Updates

In general - I think things at the Zoo are going quite well.

Let's start with the kitties.  They all seems to be feeling pretty good.  Phoebe's allergies seem to be settling down a bit.  Oliver is doing well - he enjoys playing and snoozing with the pig - they are actually quite good friends.  Aggie is going strong - feeling good and hanging out with me most days.  Miss Zoey is going through a pet me phase (as opposed to a touch me and get snarled at phase).  All in all - life in feline land is great!

Emma - the pup is doing well!!  She and Winston play a lot and seem to enjoy each other's company.  The squabble over food some days but for the most part are good friends.  Emma has mellowed a bit on the neurosis side of things since she got a pig companion which is great!.  Her health seems good and she seems like a happy dog.

Ferrets - Theo, Violet and Maddie are all doing just great.  They are playful and full of energy and the three of them are together non stop.  They sleep together quite a bit and are quite playful with each other and with Oliver.  Hubs and I have discussed that this is the fewest number of ferrets we will ever have - it has to be three as I have seen the impact of losing a ferret family member on the group so I would never want to be at a point where we had 2 and then had something happen to one of them so we will stay at 3 or more forever more!

Winston is doing just great.  We are doing just great in the potty training department - only one accident all week long!  He is a pretty chilled out piglet - during the day he entertains himself and plays with Emma and Ollie and doesn't demand my attention while I am working.  Winston is pretty much a full time downstairs pig now - spending the bulk of this days and sleeping down here at night.  I miss having him in our room but I will admit that its much quieter and I love not getting up as early.

The critter Christmas card is done and off to print - I love how it turned out and will share it here next month. Finnegan's last insurance claim got faxed off this week - I hate doing that task when we lose a critter - its so final and depressing....

We have slowly starting to put up Christmas - its very early this year but I needed something to get me out of my Finn funk and I do so love Christmas.  Christmas with a pig is going to be interesting - I will post about our experience so far soon....

No comments: