A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Water Dishes and Squinty Eye


So - the spill proof water dish makers never met Winston evidently....its not spill proof at all - he sticks his snout in there and lifts it up and tips it and makes a mess.  Sigh - so now I just put small amounts in there multiple times a day - that way if he spills its only a little puddle.  Thinking of having my father in law build me a wall mount that would hold the bowl in place so he can't spill - little stinker...




On a more positive note - Oliver's squinty eye is almost back to normal.  Evidently he got poked or scratched by Phoebe or by one of the ferrets - not sure which.  After some antibiotic ointment and some TLC tonight he is almost back to normal.  He is quite funny.  I noticed today that when he didn't realize I was watching his eye was almost fully open but when he knew I was looking it was almost fully closed.  I think he liked the extra attention he got so he milked it a bit.  I am certainly glad he is feeling better though - it makes my heart hurt when one of my furries isn't feeling good.


No comments: