- Did you know all the ferrets have their birthdays on the 6th of the month? Madison, my eldest, was born on November 6th. Theo and Violet - January 6th and Kai, Tabitha and Harlow - July 6th. Maddie was born in 2012, Theo and Vi in 2013 and the "little ones" in 2014.
- Winston knows his name now - he knows Winston, Winnie, Piglet and Piggy and will answer to those. If you call the other critters, the kitties for instance, he doesn't move a muscle. When you call Emma (the dog) he immediately gets up though because she might be getting food or getting to go outside and he doesn't want to miss out on anything.
- Winston hates it when the cats squabble - Ollie and Aggie sometimes have loud kitty fights and the piglet runs to his bed and puts his face in the covers like he can't bear to watch.
- Kai and Tabitha are water ferrets - they love to get in the tub. Kai plays in the shower and literally gets right under the spray. The others play in there but stay around the edges. It's quite interesting to take a bath with a ferret.
- Agatha will be 18 years old this year - she is the healthiest cat we have. She has gone from hating any kind of people food to wanting just about anything you will give to her. Her favorites - popcorn and potato chips.
- The kitties got one of those round tubes with a ball in it for Christmas. They all play with it occasionally but Zoey LOVES it. She particularly likes it when you play "tennis" with her. She will kick the ball - you send it back - rinse - repeat. She will play for a good 30 minutes.
- The ferrets got a Weasel Ball for Christmas - its a ball with a stuffed toy attached. You turn it on and it flops all over the room. Harlow in particular loves it. The other day somehow the ball flopped its way into a gift bag that was on the floor. All six ferrets were fascinated with something moving in the bag - very comical to see them all huddled around the bag watching and wondering. Harlow put an end to it when she grabbed it by the tail and dragged it under the bed.
So there you have it - just a few examples of silly zoo stories....