A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Monday, February 23, 2015

Remedies for Pet Peeves

I posted about two of my piggy pet peeves recently - one being the need for the piglet to tip over the chairs in the kitchen and the other being the swampy soggy mess the pig makes when he head butts the water dish. I have decided to try to rectify both of these in an effort to make me a little less crazy.

For the chairs - I bought a wide roll of ribbon - tied one end to one of the legs and wrapped it around the perimeter of the table with the chairs pushed in. I tied the other end in a bow so it can easily be removed.  So far so good - he has tried a couple of time to tip but he has had no luck.  Pig Mommy 1 - Piglet 0.

For the water splashing - I have ordered a supposed spill proof bowl.  It's not here yet but hopefully it will work once we get it.  I will have to keep you posted on that one.

All in all - today has been a pretty good piglet day - he has been a good boy.  Emma has been good as well - only minor scratching on the carpet to report.  They do so much better on a regular schedule....

No comments: