A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Sunday, February 08, 2015

Stories of the Day

Today was a relatively quiet critter day.  I woke up way too early and headed downstairs to hang with the pig.  He has outgrown getting up on the sofa with me but he likes to lay right next to the couch so I can give him a rub or a scratch.  He really likes it if I share my blanket and drape it over the side so he gets covered up too - and of course I do.

Hubs and I took Emma for a walk today - we thought it only fair that she get some one on one time since Winston got his exercise yesterday. We went about 5 miles and she loved it.

Speaking of the pig - he thought he was going walking today - bolted right out the front door and headed down the steps.  Hubs got him corralled, turned around and headed back in the door.  He also made a jail break through the gate we use to keep him downstairs.  I bribed him with a cookie to get him back down the stairs.  I moved the dreaded vacuum cleaner in front of the gate - he hasn't been near it since.

Kitties were quite cuddly and I got some time with each of them today.  Same with the ferrets - they have all been out and about over the course of the day and I have had some one on one time with each. Now its nearing time for bed and for the start of a hectic work week....where do the weekends go?

No comments: