A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Friday, February 13, 2015

It's Not All Rainbows and Unicorns

For the most part I enjoy these little critters so immensely but there are days when its not all a bed of roses. Take yesterday as a example.  I had to be in the office yesterday for several meetings which meant the gang was left unattended for a few hours.

A little piglet who shall remain nameless left me this giant mess in the living room:


He pulled a purse off the sofa and proceeded to take all sorts of things out and tear them up.  Garbage is spread all over the living room.  Sigh...

Zoey decided to pee on a blanket rather than in the box.  The ferrets are all on different sleeping schedules so its hard for the humans to get any sleep as there are multiple phases of ferret foot nibbles.  Since the hubs didn't feel great last night I finally gave up and booted them out of the bedroom and closed the door. Around 2 am I gave up completely and took the restless dog downstairs with me to hang with the pig.

So we had multiple messes and no sleep - just one of those days...I bet today will be better....

No comments: