A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Four Kitty Vet Visit

Can I preface by saying that I am really glad this only has to happen once a year....ugh!

The good news:

  • I put Ollie, Zoey and Phoebe in Winston's carrier and they did great - safety in numbers I guess. Since Aggie and Phoebe don't really get along Aggie got her own carrier.  No howling in the car - thank goodness.
  • Physicals for the most part went well - they are a fairly healthy bunch
  • Aggie, Phoebe and Oliver were all well behaved and polite kitties
The bad news:
  • Ollie may need to have his thyroid meds adjusted - he is down in weight and his heart murmur is back which can be caused by outta whack thyroid levels
  • Zoey has some dental issues - in fact she pitched such a hissy fit at the vet that she bit me and lost a tooth while we were there so now she is on antibiotics
  • Zoey is now even more cranky than usual and giving pretty much everyone in the household a really crappy attitude.
So - now we wait for blood results and hope that everyone is okay...will post the details once I have them.  I took a few pics at the start of the appointment.  Once the vet got started no snaps as I am the kitty consoler so its hands on...







No comments: