A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Home with my babies

My Zoey girl is home.  She is still pretty weak but is eating, drinking and going potty - all good signs.  So - ultrasound revealed 2 small masses in the small intestine - could be tumors, cancer or even something she ate that was not digestible.  The only way to know for sure is to do exploratory surgery and for me she just seems to weak right now to handle that.  She is also suffering from some respiratory issues.  UGH!

So - we are trying to decide the best course of action.  Right now we are leaning towards going with the 10 days of meds and getting her stronger.  Then doing another ultrasound and seeing if the masses have changed and then deciding next steps.  Its so hard to make decisions for her without putting my selfish desire to keep her with me in the mix.  All I know is I want her to be happy and feel good for as long as she is here so that is my ultimate goal.  Lots of tears and worry happening at my house.  My other babies are very glad to have her home - so am I.  She seems pretty content - purring and giving kisses.  I am just hoping for a speedy recovery for her and that whatever the future holds it doesn't include any suffering on her part.  One day at a time.....


No comments: