A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

EMERGENCY

Well - let's just say today was not at all what I expected - Zoey is very, very ill in the hospital and really scaring me.  She was fine last night and then today at about 10 am she started throwing up - by 3:00 I rushed her to the vet.  They did lots of tests - nothing definitive yet.  Just hoping that fluids and antibiotics work overnight and she is better in the morning.  When she got to the vet they discovered an extremely high fever, dehydration and lethargy.  Poor little girl.  The vet threw out several possibilities - some of them not so good.  Just trying not to get ahead of ourselves....should know more in the morning.  For now I am trying to calm the rest of the critters - they are so perceptive and sensing my stress.  Aggie is looking for her sister....ugh - so not what I expected today.  Loving and missing my girl.....

No comments: