A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Wednesday, November 07, 2012

The More People I Know - the More I Love My Critters

Ah - the day after....what a telling day.  I am not please with the results but have tried to keep my comments to myself.  In the times we live in - the social media times - the total information saturation times....people's true colors shine through.  These are the days that I adore my critters even more than usual.  These are the days where I would be most at peace if I lived in a place where access to humans was limited - only my husband, my brother and a few close friends and my critters -- ah what bliss.

Today has been filled with snarky and ungracious "winners" and whining and obnoxious "losers".  Myself - I have come to the conclusion that we as a nation have spent billions and billions of dollars on campaigns that have further divided the nation to have the government just as broken and corrupt and ineffective as it was last week.  Not sure anyone actually wins with that.  I have determined for my sanity - I need to get to place of not caring.  I have decided to take a hiatus - from FB, Twitter, exposure to the media.  Only the blog will continue and for no other reason that it brings me joy to document the daily occurrences and look back on them at a later time.

Maybe soon I will feel better or different or more hopeful.  Perhaps not - perhaps I must find a new normal.  For now I will take the cuddles and kisses and smiles brought by the critters and take comfort in the fact that they are happy and healthy and safe.


No comments: