A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

What do Hedgehogs Want for Their Birthdays?

Yesterday was Nigel's birthday.  I can't believe he is two years old.  He has been with me for 2 years in January which is even harder for me to believe - time really does just whip by.

For his birthday he got a cage clean out and a fresh blanket which he loves.  This afternoon I got him out of his cage and let him play downstairs - another treat that he loves.  I had the fireplace on so he napped in front in a blanket all warm and cozy.  Then he got a special treat of coconut pecan cookie.  More napping and then a bit of exploration checking out the Christmas packages.  Then a trip to the cat bowl for a healthy dose of cat food.  Then back to the blanket for more snoozing.  Oh - don't forget the treat of drinking water out of a cup - not sure why he likes this but he loves to drink out of a cup.  He did steal a couple of bites of cheese from my Five Guys as well.  You can get away with lots of things on your birthday...

He is a happy little dude.  My last two years have been much more fun as a result of having him as a part of our family.  Here's to many more 2 year celebrations with my little guy.  Love him....


No comments: