A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Monday, February 11, 2013

Adventurer Nigel

Yesterday I got Mr. Hedgehog out of his cage like I do just about every day.  I put him in Emma's bed on the bedroom floor.  Usually the little dude sleeps no matter where you put him but yesterday he went exploring.  He played and snoozed in various spots in the bedroom all day.  I used the open up a can of worms (literally) trick to get him to come out.  After a snack I scooped him up and put him to bed.

Today I got him out and set up his blanket on the bed.  He slept there for a few hours before Miss Madison came up for a visit.  The ferrets kind of shimmy between the mattress and the bed frame to get on the bed.  Since Nigel was awakened by Madison he was able to observe her methods and it wasn't long after that the hedgehog used the same shimmy method to get down to investigate the bedroom again this afternoon.  Monkey see monkey do!  He is now snoozing in his cage with his roommate (Clooney) resting up for the nightly marathon

No comments: