A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Love Fest

A couple of times a day I get the pleasure of waking up the baby girl ferret.  You see...Miss Madison has to be awakened and worn out a couple times per day or she will keep us up all night.  I love getting to wake her up.

For a few minutes as she wakes, she lays with me and gives me kisses while I pet her.  She yawns and stretches.  Sometimes she gives herself a bath.  Then its over and she is in wild child mode wanting to run and play and wrestle.

I wake her around 11:30 in the morning and again around 9:00 pm.  These in addition to the times when she is awake on her own seem to keep her tired enough that she is not up all night.  I will say that she does like to get up early and a visit from her around 5 am is not all that unusual.

Have I mentioned I adore that little girl ferret (and her furry siblings too)!

No comments: