A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Scratchies Because I Love You

The ferrets love us - know how I know?  Its the combination of kisses and scratchies.  Ferrets show affection to each other by scratching.  Its sort of like grooming but harder.  So - since they love us - they scratch on us as well.  Clooney did this alot when he was younger but not so much now.

Then there is Madison - wow - she must really really love us because she scratches ALOT.  She scratches on the hubs in the evenings when he comes home from work - she is happy to see him. She scratches in the middle of the night when she is up and on the prowl.  Nothing like being awakened from a deep sleep by little ferret claws being raked over your feet.  She tries to be gentle - scratching is accompanied by lots of kisses.  All in all - if I am being honest - I like the scratchies.  Plus she's cute so she gets away with lots.  I should enjoy it while I can because I bet she will outgrow it.


No comments: