A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Friday, February 08, 2013

The Squatter has Officially Moved In

Clooney has been squatting in Nigel's cage for the last few weeks.  I thought perhaps it was because of the heated bed that Nigel got for Christmas but it doesn't seem to be.  I bought Clooney his own heated bed for his ferret easy chair but still he continues to spend his time curled up in Nigel's cage.

Last night I went to put Nigel to bed...Clooney was in there.  I have no issues because Nigel seems to have no issues with sharing.  That was....until Clooney evicted Nigel out of his blanket so he could go to sleep.  Not cool.

Then I had a brilliant idea!  Clooney loves to sleep in his chair so I moved it into the corner of Nigel's cage.  Clooney got right in and I covered him up with his new ferret quilt.  Nigel is happily sleeping in his blankets and Clooney in his chair - a peaceful co existence at last!


No comments: