A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Late Evening Returns


Today was a crazy day for the humans which means a crazy outta whack schedule for the critters.  I had to be up and out the door early today and I was gone for the bulk of the morning.  Hubs was out at his regular time to go to the office.  Once I got home I jumped into several back to back conference calls which meant only a bit of attention for the babies.  Then out the door again late afternoon for a holiday party.  We arrived home late and were greeted by happy to see us furries.  The rule we established long ago was hands on every critter every morning and every night before bed.

Winston met us at the door and was quite happy to see us.  Emma was upstairs in the bedroom - I felt it was a good idea to separate them given they were both going to want to play with BentoBalls.  I didn't want them fighting while I was gone.  Emma came downstairs and did some outside business and then both she and Winston had some cookies.

Kitties were all downstairs and doing quite well.  Ear meds were applied to Zo, Phoebe and Ollie and Aggie was given her own dose of lovies.  The ferrets only had a bit of play time in their upstairs rooms today.  I let them out when I got home in the morning and then gathered them up and had them back in the bedroom this evening while we were gone.  I think the latest enhancements we have made to the gate to keep them upstairs are pretty secure - its been several days without an escape but I am not comfortable leaving them out while I am gone.  Would hate for one or more of them to somehow make it past the gate and downstairs to piggy land.  All six ferret babies came out for some attention and now everyone is settling in for the night.  I am hopeful that tomorrow will be a more routine day for them and for the humans as well....

No comments: