A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Monday, April 06, 2015

Early on a Monday Morning

It's getting close to 7:30 am here and our little zoo is waking up.  I got up a few minutes ago to feed Winston who starts to make unhappy oinky noises if he has to wait for his breakfast.  He gets fed right around 7 am.  I came back upstairs and gave Miss Emma her morning cookie.  She has a pretty sensitive tummy and we have discovered over time that she does much better with cookies throughout the day and then her large meal when we come upstairs for the evening.

Oliver and Phoebe are upstairs at the moment - Aggie and Zoey still downstairs snoozing....  The ferrets are in different states of sleeping and awake.  Kai, Tabitha and Theo are "helping" the hubs get ready for work.  Harlow is munching on some breakfast.  My late sleeper crew - Maddie, Violet, Fiona and Bash are still sacked out.  Uh oh - as I type this the three helpers just got locked in ferret jail aka the shower because they were biting the hubs feet....

Mornings are fun - soon I will head downstairs and hang out with Mr. Piglet and Emma and the kitties for the bulk of the day while I work.  I will peek in on the ferrets several times as I hear them get up during the day.  I can't believe the weekend whizzed by and we are back to the work week once again. This whole 5 day work vs 2 day fun ratio is not working for me...  :)

Happy Monday!

No comments: