A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Injury Obsession

It amazes me that the critters are so in tune with the humans in the household.  A few days ago when I was out for our daily walk I managed to get a giant blister on my foot.  The next day I was sitting on the couch and Winston came up and popped it with his snout.  Ouch!  He is totally obsessed with it now - he checks it multiple times a day.  The ferrets are obsessed with it as well and I get frequent inspections.

Yesterday Bash accidentally scratched my eyelid (the dangers of having critters) and it left a mark - they are constantly monitoring that as well - how do they know?  They are funny - if we have to wear anything like a bandaid or an ace bandage they are adamant about trying to take it off.  The only thing allowed is a ring and sometimes they bite on that as well and Kai does nose and ear inspections on a regular basis.  Silly little furry doctors....



No comments: