A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

An Easy Day

Today was a pretty easy critter day.  In fact, my morning was so busy that it was close to noon before I got down to Critterland to hang out with the "kids".  No one missed me much it seemed and everyone seems to be feeling well.  Winston played outside a good bit today.  Emma had a good day as well.  Yesterday was an icky tummy day for her - I think she is feeling much better today.

I just got everyone settled into their beds.  Winston and Emma went out for their last potty break and then had their nighty cookies.  The ferrets got a big bowl of nice warm gravy - it's chilly out there. Kitties had their canned cat food and meds have been administered.  I put out a few extra blankets for the fur babies just in case they get cold.  I am not sure why I worry about it - if the ferrets get cold they lay in a giant pile.  The kitties have their heated bed, several regular cat beds and a twin bed with lots of covers to cuddle under.  I put out an extra blanket for Winston to burrow under should he want to - although he is not so much into the burrowing now that he is a bit older.  Emma is laying at the end of the bed panting so I take that to mean she isn't cold.

I did a quick round of critter chores tonight as well - tidying up their area, spot mopping, box scooping, etc.  Might try to shampoo carpet again this weekend - its a never ending battle to keep things clean in their world.

All in all - a pretty easy day - love it!

No comments: