A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Sunday, January 31, 2016

January Month in Review

Well, I came pretty close to meeting my goal of 20 posts this month.  This entry will bring me to 19. Still not as good as I was doing with blogging every day but a vast improvement over the past several months.

January was a pretty good critter month.  No major health issues to report with the exception of Bash's kidney/bladder stone and that was really not major.  It was over in a few hours.  I am so happy he is feeling good!!  We celebrated Ollie's birthday.  We took Winston on his first hike through the woods.  All in all it was a pretty okay month for the fuzz butts.

Emma and Winston both did well when we had visiting dogs and the ferrets and kitties entertained themselves when the humans were busy taking care of arrangements for my dad.  Today we finished the month with a deep clean of their area.  I scrubbed floors, baseboards, window casings, etc.  I changed out the litter box and changed all their blankets.  I have a pile of critter laundry to do but other than that they should be all set.  I fed the kitties and ferrets early tonight.  Winston has had his dinner and he and Emma just went for a short walk in the meadow.

We have also had a ton of wildlife outside this month which is amazing.  We have a lovely herd of deer that come by multiple times a day.  Two males and 6 - 8 females come by in the mornings and at dusk.  I love watching them!  There is one female that has a limp.  I can't see any visible injury.  She is eating and drinking out of the old horse tank that is in the pasture.  I have been watching her for about a week and she seems to be getting better so hopefully its healing.  The turkeys are back as well stopping by often for a bite to eat.  We have also been over run with cardinals - there are a bunch of them!!  So - not only are my inside babies doing great my outside critters seem to be thriving as well!!

I am hoping for an easy, happy, healthy February!

No comments: