A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Week in Review

It's been a crazy time around here lately.  I am sad to report that my father passed away last week.  He loved my furry children and asked about them every day and I will miss sharing their antics with him. His passing brought some new experiences for the critters.

The kitties and the ferrets had less frequent visits as the humans were quite busy with lots of arrangements, phone calls, etc. They did get their morning and evening loves, meals and meds and my sister in law was great about hanging out with them and giving them some extra attention while I did critter chores.

Emma played hostess to my mom's dog and my brother's two dogs for a week.  She did well - she shared her toys and the four co-existed together with no major squabbles to report.

Winston had his routine changed a bit.  Instead of going outside through the living room he was sequestered to the bedroom door.  He also had to split his outdoor time so that the dogs could play in the back yard in addition to the pig.  They couldn't be out there together as I am uneasy about Winston being around any dogs other than Emma.  Add an ice/snow/sleet event to the mix and you have unhappy pig and dogs who are cooped up for multiple days.  I can't complain though - they were all very good given the circumstances.

We are settling in to a new normal.  Only the critters who actually live here are present today. Winston is snoozing in his bed - I did his laundry today so he is a happy pig.  Emma is snoozing at the end of our bed and I am headed down to critter land to take care of kitties and ferrets.  Hoping then next few days are much calmer and back to our regular routine.


No comments: