A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Stories of the Day

So, today was a pretty average day for the critters.

Emma and Winston had some outside time and they were both very well behaved today. Winston tried a new treat - leeks - and the verdict was mixed.  He seems to like the outside leaves the best - as he gets closer to the center it takes more "leeky" and he is not a fan.  He also got the last of the bag of kale in his lettuce ball.  That he ate up without leaving a scrap.  That boy does love kale.

Tonight I went down to critter land to take care of the babies and give them their nightly dose of love. Fiona (ferret) heard me come in and met me at the door.  She loves to be picked up and lets me hold her while I do my chores.  I laid on the bed and gave her some snuggle time.  Soon, Kai and Bash climbed up on the bed for their cuddles.

After a bit, Aggie, my 17 year old kitty hopped up and gave me a stern talking to.  She wanted her dinner.  So, I fed the cats, made gravy for the ferrets, gave meds to Ollie, Zoey and Phoebe and then headed down the hall.  I had a little herd of ferrets following along.  I sat down in the hallway to play with them.  Whenever I sit on the floor, Fiona lays down next to me.  Soon Bash laid down, then Theo, Kai, Violet, Tabby and finally feisty Miss Maddie joined the pile.  They all got tons of lovies and soon everyone was sleeping soundly.  This gave me an opportunity to make my escape.  Have you ever tried to exit a room with seven ferrets wanting to go too?  It's not easy I assure you!

There is still a piglet to take out for his last potty break.  He will get his nighty cookies and head back to bed.

All in all - a pretty good day!

No comments: