A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Saturday Morning at the Zoo

It's been a somewhat lazy Saturday morning around here.  Winston woke up around 5:30 asking for cookies.  I got up and gave him a few and closed him in his smaller room and went back to bed. Around 7 he wanted his breakfast so I got up and fed him.  Shortly after he and Emma wanted to go outside.  I let them out and as usual Emma wanted back in quickly and Winston has been out ever since.  He has done some rooting, some grazing, a few zoomies (running like a crazy pig through the yard) and a whole lotta sun bathing.

Hubs and I went for a walk.  We took the dog but not the pig this time.  Walking with a pig can be slow going.  Emma had a good time - of course she covered about three times the distance we did and she listened fairly well.

Once we got home I headed down to critter land to check on the little ones.  Kitties are all doing well. They got their canned cat food and their meds and I refreshed their water bowls.  The ferrets were all doing fantastic!  Once I got everyone up there was the usual ferret chaos - wrestling, weasel war dancing, dooking, Kai climbing up my pant leg wanting to be held.  Everyone has been loved on and played with and they were all face down in their gravy when I left.

At some point today I will head down there to do my weekly deep clean which consists of vacuuming, shampooing carpet, mopping, changing cat box litter and critter laundry.  I should have done it this morning while I was down here but I was not particularly motivated.

All in all - a pretty good Saturday morning!

No comments: