A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Out In the Real World

I am really not a fan of the days where I have to be up early and out and about for the entire day.  I am just not cut out for that anymore...ugh.  Today is one of those days - up at the crack of dawn, showered, dressed and out the door, then into crappy traffic - so not my favorite.  Then a full day of meetings.  Whew - how do people do it?

The little critters are fine with me being gone - I gave them their food, meds, gravy, morning loves, etc. bright and early.  They will be fine for the day - they have each other to keep them entertained.  The piglet and the dog - they can do a full day unattended but I hate to do that to them.  So, I decided to ask our pet sitter to pop by mid day, let Emma and Winston out to play for a bit, give them some cookies and some loves, give Winston his lettuce ball and give them a break from being alone.  They will be able to go potty and run off some energy outside.

I will be home later in the afternoon to feed them, take them out and spend some time with them before we settle in for the evening.

No comments: