A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Friday, February 26, 2016

Coming Out of the Fog

This week has been awful - it started with a stomach thing and turned into a vicious cold that has kicked my butt for the entire week.  I am finally coming out of the fog - feeling better - thank goodness.

Since I have been sick I haven't been spending as much time with my babies as I would like.  Ferrets and pigs can catch human germs so I have been steering clear of them - just doing headcounts and making sure they are okay but no cuddles which really makes me sad.  No snuggles with the piglet before he goes to bed either - boo.  I think today will allow for more interaction - I am no longer feverish so likely not contagious.

Kitties seem well, ferrets are adorable as ever...Winston has been playing outside as we have had lovely weather.  Emma has been keeping me company while I have been feeling icky - she is excellent company. All in all the zoo is well.  There area is a disaster as I have only been doing minimal cleanup with feeling so yucky.  I will tackle that later today.  Fun times.


2 comments:

TimberLove said...

Hope woo feel better soon!

Nukie

TheGrantZookeeper said...

Thank you! I am on the mend!! :)