A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Friday, February 12, 2016

Ready for Spring


I think all of us around here are ready for spring....this cold, icky weather is for the birds.

Speaking of birds - I am still enjoying the bird feeder.  I filled it again this morning and we have had a few new visitors - beautiful goldfinches, some wrens.  Loving it!  The deer have been around a few times today as well.  Emma wants to bark at them but she is pretty good about listening when I tell her she can't.

As for my other indoor babies - everyone is doing well.  Winston is sick of it being cold - he hates it.  He runs outside  and does his business, then he checks under the bird feeder for any goodies that got missed and then he wants back in.  He has been a good boy today though.

The ferrets and the kitties are well - we have had several visits over the course of the day.  I still need to head down to critter land and feed them and give them meds.  I didn't have the same freakish energy to do Saturday chores on Friday.  So - tomorrow I will be doing the deep clean - ugh.   I think the little critters are ready for spring too - they are quite snoozy in the cold cloudy weather.

Sadly - this cold has moved in for a long weekend - we don't thaw til at least Monday.  I will be thinking up fun and exciting pig games for the next few days....

No comments: