A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Friday, February 19, 2016

The Candy Factory

Remember the I Love Lucy episode with the candy factory?


Well - I just witnessed a ferret re-enactment - sort of....

Tabitha was in rare form this morning.  I was doing critter chores and she was causing trouble - lots of trouble.  I would clean and she would go right behind me and cause chaos.  Little turd - she is the fluffy white turd - not to be confused with Winston - the little pink turd.  Anyway - I swept and mopped the bathroom - she got in the littler box and threw litter all over hell's half acre.  Then I moved the feeder that has the dry cat food so I could sweep and mop their eating area.  Tabby proceeded to dig in the food bowl, spreading about 5 pounds of cat food all over the floor.

Enter Fiona - sweet Fiona - who hates to get in trouble and hates for anyone else to be in trouble.  She is standing next to this giant pile of cat food chewing furiously - her little cheeks puffed out full of food.  She was going to cover for her sister by eating up the mess.  She made me laugh so Tabby didn't end up in much trouble - so in a way her plan worked....

Have I mentioned how much I adore those little weasels??

No comments: