A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Weekend Recap

We have recovered from Saturday's exciting drywall protection zone installation .  Winston spent some time in our room with us and Emma, just hanging out.  He has had multiple days inside due to extreme cold temps.  He has been pretty well behaved.  Emma too - they have both been good.

The little critters are well - keeping warm and full of playful energy.  The ferrets have been sleeping in a giant pile in their box fort - everyone but Maddie and Vi - they prefer to be sprawled out on the bed under their fleece blankets and comforter.  The kitties have their spots as well.  Zoey likes the cat bed by the water bowl, Aggie prefers the papasan chair, Oliver likes the heated cat bed and Phoebe likes the cat bed that sits on the bed.

Today (Sunday) has been extremely cold.  Piglet and pup could only go outside for short stints and both had to have coats on.  Winston hung out with me while I worked on a craft project - maybe I can finish it up tomorrow - I will post about it when I am done.  We have done lots of piglet games today in an effort to keep him from getting bored.  The ferrets were wild this morning and full of energy this evening as well.  I love seeing them happy and feeling good.  I decided it was time for their monthly dose of colloidal silver.  I offered it straight and had some takers - Theo, Bash, Phoebe.  I put some in their water and some in the kitties canned food.  I use it for many things, routine health is just one of them.

Hubs and I have spent our Valentine's Day hanging out.  We went out for lunch and ran an errand and since then we have been firmly planted at home relaxing and binge watching TV. Winston and Emma have been spending time in our room with us.  Once it got dark we were unaware of the weather and when I went to take the piglet and the dog out for their final potty break, imagine my surprise when I turned on the light and found the ground covered with snow.  ICK!  Winston was cooperative and did his business - he was ready to come back in immediately following.  Emma explored a bit and then headed back under the bed.  Winston is back in his bed, tucked in under his covers.

All in all it was a pretty good critter weekend.  Back to the grind tomorrow as I don't get President's Day off - boo.... tomorrow is supposed to be snowy and icky - another indoor day for the piglet...sigh.

No comments: