A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Catching Up

I have been feeling a bit under the weather the last few days so I haven't been posting much.  Let's catch up....

Emma is well - right now as I type she is hiding under the bed as its a rainy day and it thundered earlier.  She is always good company when I am not feeling well - she is happy just to hang out with me.  She had a good weekend - a long walk on Sunday with her dad.

Winston is doing great.  There is a break in the rain so he is outside rooting in the mud and checking under the bird feeder for any goodies.  He has been pretty well behaved.  I don't like to get too close to him when I am feeling icky as pigs can catch human germs and get sick as well.  He has had plenty of outside time which is good.  Hopefully the rain will hold off for a bit longer today so he can continue to play.

The kitties are all well - hanging out and seemingly happy and healthy.  Zoey is still a bit thinner than I would like but I do think she has put a little bit of weight back on.  They didn't get as much attention as they deserved over the last few days but I did make sure they got their feedings, meds and morning and evening loves each day.

Ferrets are all doing great as well!  I steer clear of them as well when I am feeling bad as they can also catch human germs and with them being so little it can cause issues.  Better safe than sorry.  We did a head count each morning and evening and some pets but no hugs and kisses for them.  Now that I am feeling better I will spend the bulk of the day with them.  I miss those interactions.

The exterminator comes today - he sprays inside and out but we are very careful as to where.  I don't let him spray critter land or any of the doorways that lead to critter land and I don't let him spray Winston's area or his doors either.  So far it seems to work pretty well - no creepy crawlies in either area and it makes me feel good knowing that they are not exposed to the chemicals even though they are supposedly pet friendly.

All in all - the zoo crew is doing well - no complaints.  Hopefully now that I am feeling better I can get some photos posted soon....

No comments: