A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Tuesday, February 02, 2016

WorkTime

I have been trying to make sure I  spend more time with the little critters (kitties and ferrets) this week.  One of the ways to do that is to actually work in my office/craft room which is in their area of the house.  Yesterday it was quite the novelty to have mom in their space all day.  Fiona hung out with me quite a bit.  Kai, Bash and Theo came in for some wrestles and to nibble on my toes.  The other girls came in to see what was happening.  Even Zoey came in for a visit - leaving her perch in the cat bed by the water bowl - a rare happening indeed.

Today - they could really care less if I am down there.  They checked in a few times over the course of the day but honestly - they have their routine and they are quite content to go on about their business whether I am there or not.  I have officially raised independent, self entertaining critters!  I think the kitties are liking me being there - Phoebe, Ollie and Aggie hang out in my office for the entire time I am there.  Ferrets can take it or leave it.

Everyone in critter land seems happy and healthy.  I just finished feeding, meds and chores.  Winston and Emma have been out for their last potty break and are settled in to their beds.  Now for some down time for the humans....

No comments: