A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Friday, February 05, 2016

Saturday Chores on Friday

I was feeling pretty motivated today for some reason - not really sure why.  I got several things off the personal to do list and then blazed through some more stuff on the work to do list so I decided I would use this strange burst of energy to clean up critter land on my lunch break.

I vacuumed and dusted my office, refilled the ferret food dispenser, cleaned and refilled the front bathroom water dispenser, mopped the front bathroom, vacuumed the hallway, picked up 150 toys, vacuumed the critter room, vacuumed and mopped the feeding area and critter bathroom, scooped litter boxes and took out the stinky critter trash.

That means that I will just have my regular routine chores over the weekend!  Woohoo!  For those that were wondering - I did have assistants - Fiona and Tabby "helped" the entire time.

I feel compelled to state that when you live in a household with 13 critters you have to clean with a different mindset.  In the areas where they live I clean with the intent of ensuring that they have a healthy, hygienic, pleasant area to live.  I long ago gave up having a pristine looking house.  There will be spots on your carpets, there will be ick on your baseboards, there will be toys everywhere, hair on things, noseprints on your windows, etc.  I have areas of the house where the critters rarely are allowed to access and I can keep those super clean, dusted, decorated, etc but the places where they live - its really not possible if you want to do anything besides clean up after them.

So glad I did my tomorrow chores today!

No comments: