A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Friday, July 22, 2011

Shed Monster

We are often sucked in by infomercials - we have purchased many things - some good and some bad.  A couple of weeks ago we decided to order the Shed Monster.  With 7 critters - 6 hairy - we have hair everywhere.  We have a Dyson vacuum that I run at least 4 times a week and I can fill it 3 times if I do the whole house.


So - the Shed Monster arrives mid day and of course I have to check it out.  Zoey is the best guinea pig for things like this because she lets me do whatever I want to her with little complaint.  So I tried it  on her back - it got a good bit of fur - tried it on her belly - not so much.  It did pretty well on Aggie.  Hardly anything from Phoebe and Oliver.  Then I tried it on Emma -- OMG -- I got like 6 dogs worth of hair off the girl - it was crazy.

Even crazier - hubs came home and tried it out and got just as much hair in the second round.  This is great - hopefully we will get to a point where all the under coat is off and we are in maintenance mode.  This one goes in the win column for infomercial purchases.....

No comments: