A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Who Knew?? Summertime Sweet Tea

Huh - who knew - ALL of my critters like sweet tea.  I made a pitcher the other day as its been unbearably hot here.  First to try was Ollie - he dips his toe in your cup when you aren't looking.   Once it was determined he liked it I offered to the other kitties to see if they felt the same - yep....  Then Clooney investigated my cup and had a drink as well.  Last night I let Nigel check it out and he had himself a little drink too.  Last but not least - Emma - she likes it too but I am not positive if its the tea or the ice cubes that she is more fond of.

Maybe its because my babies were born in the south?  Well - only some of them - Aggie was born in GA, Nigel, Emma, and Phoebe were born in NC.  Ollie was a stray so there is no telling, Zoey was born in CO and Clooney was born in PA.

Of course it goes without saying that you can't give critters sweet tea very often as its not very good for them.  Maybe an occasional treat....

No comments: