A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Monday, April 15, 2013

Four Kitty Post

The four felines inhabiting our zoo seem to be doing just great:

Phoebe - she spends lots of time hanging out with her humans.  She is the queen of whack-a-ferret as they go by.  She loves her Oliver kitty and doesn't so much love her Aggie kitty.  She is the sufferer of allergies but I think we got to them early and she is doing okay.  So far so good.  She is the lover of toys and plays with them daily - each night we have a rousing game of fetch - she is funny.  She is the bath kitty - she keeps me company while I soak.

Oliver - he is my crazy boy cat.  He seems to be feeling quite good after his urinary tract infection thing.  I still have my eye on him but so far he seems pretty good to go.  He loves the baby ferrets and has put them both on his rounds of wrestling and baths.  He torments his sister Aggie at every opportunity.  He loves to hang out in the garage.  He is my wild cat child.

Zoey - she loves the counter - lays there every day now.  She is not a huge fan of the babies and some days when she is overly persnickety she is really quite mean to them - they are a bit afraid of her.  She loves to lay on you - on your lap, on your stomach, on your arm, on your leg - she is not picky.  While this is endearing - its also a pain - sometimes its just not convenient to have a cat on you.  Her health seems great - nothing to report there.

Aggie - last but not least my sweet Aggie girl.  She is funny.  She lets Oliver push her buttons.  She completely ignores the little  ones - denial is a good place to be I guess.  She spends lots of time hanging out with me.  She and Zoey get along famously but she and Phoebe squabble.  Healthwise - other than being a bit on the pudgy side she is doing so well.  She is my self petting kitty.

So there you have it - everyone is happy and healthy and going strong - knock on wood....

No comments: