A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Sleepy Finnegan

Wow - can this little boy sleep.  Remember those first couple of days when he was not sleeping well at all?  I am so happy that he has settled in and is comfortable here.  His favorite way to sleep is on his back - silly critter.  I hold him a lot while he sleeps for a couple of reasons.  I want him to get used to me picking at him while he is sleeping - I play with his feet so he is used to me touching them - this will make nail clipper all the easier.  I also play with his ears so I can clean them at a later date if necessary.  And - he will outgrow sleeping with me holding him so fast that I have to take advantage of it while I still can.  Violet is not a fan of being futzed with while she sleeps.

Here are a couple of the famous flat on his back position:




Some cute close ups:



Oh - and this one - its not a great picture but it does make me happy.  If you look closely - Finn is the guy in the middle.  The head poking out on the right side is Madison and the one you can barely see on the left side is Violet.  All three of them sharing the same bed!!  :)


And more of the boy with his toys - he does love to play....



No comments: