A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Squeaky Clean One....

Nigel was a bit on the pungent side so it was time for a bath.  Actually he takes showers these days - he much prefers them to the tub I think.  I popped him in the shower and let him run around and play.  Then I squirt him with the water on his quills and try to loosen up the ick on his feet.  Then we move to the furry parts.  I scoop him up and flip him on his back.  He likes to get his belly sprayed.

It dawned on me - while he was laying spread eagle enjoying his belly bath - perhaps I could cut his nails with all four legs present and easy to access.  I grabbed the toenail clippers and got him back under the spray.  Snip, snip, snip...all four little paws done in a jiffy and I don't think he ever even noticed.

Then we did the towel dry - and a special treat - the blow dryer - he loves that - set to warm with the air on low.  Fluffy clean dude then posed for some pictures...







No comments: