A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Ollie's Under the Weather

Well - my boy kitty isn't feeling great.  The symptoms of the urinary tract infection came back - I think the colloidal silver treated the symptoms but was not strong enough to overcome infection itself.  I decided it was time to get him into the vet.

He was not at all cooperative this morning - running off twice resulting in a romp through the woods in order to catch him.  He is at the vet now getting all fixed up.  They are doing a bunch of stuff - all his routine stuff is due, physical, fecal, vaccinations, etc.  They are also going to give him a subcutaneous fluid boost - he is a bit dehydrated which is a typical result of UTI.  They are also doing a full blood panel and sending the urine out to the lab to get a full diagnosis.  They also heard a heart murmur while they were checking him out.  Could be related to being dehydrated, could be something he was born with, could be the start of heart disease - we will know more on Tuesday when I take him back.  I get to pick him up in a bit - hoping they will start him on an antibiotic so he will feel better.

I hope my little dude is okay - nothing like worrying all weekend til Tuesday rolls around.

No comments: