A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Thursday, May 30, 2013

May Month In Review

I can't believe there is only one more day in May - how does this happen?  The big May happening was with my Ollie boy.  See previous posts for info on his hyperthyroid diagnosis.  I think all in all we are okay though.  His ailment is treatable and we caught it early so all is well.


The babies are doing well.  I have added them to the insurance policy so they will be covered starting mid June.  Healthwise they are both doing amazing.  Finn is my sweet boy and Violet is jockeying for Alpha ferret position with Clooney - they are funny.  Speaking of Clooney - he seems to be doing fantastic.  He is engaged, happy and his health seems really good.  Miss Madison is loving having her babies - they are so happy.  She is my joyful girl and is loving life.

The girl kitties are all just fine.  No health issues to report for any of the three girls.  Aggie and Phoebe have been a bit more tolerant of each other and Zoey is my crazy leaping counter kitty.

Emma is well - she has enjoyed several play dates with Quincy.  She isn't loving the super hot weather and would rather wait inside instead of doing yard work.  She has a bump that needs to be checked out.  Vet looked at it once before and was not concerned but I want to check it again and remove it if necessary.  I guess she is next on the list....

Nigel - my hedgie boy is happy and go with the flow.  He seems to be bright and active.  I love spending time with the little guy - he is so easy and fun.

May was a pretty good month - even with Ollie's new ailment - we found it early and he is going to be just fine.  Everyone else is going strong so life at the zoo is pretty good!!  :)


No comments: