A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Sunday, September 08, 2013

Emma Dog

Miss Emma - my beautiful and crazy mutt.  She is doing great.  Health wise she seems to be doing very well.  No ailments to report at this time.  Her carpet scratching habit seems to be a tiny bit better these last couple of weeks.  Not sure what drives that but I will take any kind of reprieve I can get in that department.

Now that the weather is cooling a bit I am hoping to get out a few times a week for walks with my girl.  It will be nice to get off the treadmill and it will be great for her to get the exercise.  Perhaps if I can wear her out some the carpet scratching will cease even more.

She and Theo have a silly game they play - he nips at her toes and she gets up and runs.  He chases, she turn and jumps over him.  Theo comes to a screeching halt, turns around and they start the whole thing over again.  There is ferret squeaking and dog barking and tail wagging.  They love it.  Theo is much more interested in the dog than any of the other ferrets.

All in all - she is a great girl - and she is doing great.  At almost 10 and a half - I will take it.



No comments: