A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Friday, September 20, 2013

Technology Is My Friend

Technology is my friend in this instance.  I thought I should write about it since it's such a rare occurrence.  I have a tablet - fairly new - that I have to use some brain power on in order to figure out how to do things I normally do on my laptop on the tablet instead.  One challenge I did have was there was not a USB port on the tablet.

I solved this in two ways.  First I hopped over to Best Buy to see if they had some sort of cord or something.  Voila - they did - a gizmo you stick in the same spot you put the charger.  Instant USB.  This worked well but - I still could not download pictures off my memory card.  Here is where the technology comes in.  I purchased an eye fi memory card for my camera.  This is the best invention I have seen in a long time.  You pop it in your camera and take pictures as normal.  Then you download the eye fi app on your tablet and like magic - your pictures move from your camera to your tablet with no cord, no removing of your memory card - no effort required on your part.  It's brilliant!!!


I also found a great photo editing software for my tablet as well - its called Aviary.  It allows you to do your normal edits - cropping, auto fix of lighting and colors, etc.  It also has many treatments you can apply - similar to Instagram.  Lots of frame choices as well.  Then you can share your snaps - I have been uploading mine to Picasa web albums.  Lots of changes to my current process of posting pictures but it seems to be working well.

Here are a few snaps I took to try out the eye fi,  Aviary, uploading and then using uploaded pics in my post.  It was a pretty easy process.  I love learning new technologies:







No comments: