A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Remembering 9/11

Every year we remember that fateful day - September 11.  I remember where I was, who I was with, that sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach...almost like it was yesterday.

Each year my heart hurts for the loss of the firefighters, police and innocent people at the hands of terrorists.  This year I did a little research and it made me want to write a tribute post to the service dogs from 9/11.

I found this amazing post about service dogs from that day - I couldn't have written this better or found any more amazing photos and videos than were provided here-

 http://www.thedogfiles.com/2009/09/11/911-world-trade-center/


So - a heart felt thanks to service dogs everywhere - those who help people in need, police and fire, military - these amazing critters risk their lives for us every day!

No comments: