A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Monday, March 10, 2014

Nature Spa UV Fountain by AVP

I was researching the other day - yes - I research alot - its a sickness.  Ollie has been struggling the last few months with Urinary Tract Infections and I want to take whatever steps I can to ensure he stays as healthy as possible.  One of the suggested things you can try is a UV sterilization fountain.  It keeps the water moving which cuts down on slime and the UV light kills bacteria.

I ordered from Amazon and once the fountain arrived I assembled which was quite easy and turned it on. The kitties were mesmerized.  That doesn't necessarily mean they were drinking from it - but they were certainly watching with great interest.  The ferrets were equally mesmerized...Finn loves it - gets sopping wet every time he gets a drink.  Clooney and Violet seem to like it - I have seen them drinking from it frequently, Theo decided it needed to be disassembled and proceeded to take the water reservoir off of the fountain and pull out the charcoal filter - that was kinda messy as the water reservoir was full at the time - water everywhere.  So - now the fountain has the TP/Kleenex storage cabinet sitting on top of it so that Theo the Great can't make a giant mess.

Ollie has started playing in the stream of water and he likes to dip his paw and then lap up the water from his foot.  I see him drinking from both this fountain and the regular water station.  Not exactly what I envisioned but I am glad that the little critters like it.  I grabbed some snaps of Miss Madison investigating the fountain on the day I set it up:





No comments: